Frozen veg spring rolls are a perfect appetizer or snack that can be enjoyed any time of the day. Made with a variety of vegetables, these spring rolls are not only nutritious but also incredibly delicious. The best part about making these frozen veggie spring rolls is that they are easy to prepare and can be stored in the freezer for later use. In this article, we will go through step-by-step instructions on how to make these crispy and delicious frozen veggie spring rolls.
- 1 package of frozen spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 cup of chopped bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Thaw the frozen veg spring roll wrappers according to the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, and garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce and sesame oil. Pour the mixture over the vegetables and toss until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry.
- Lay out one spring roll wrapper on a flat surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture onto the wrapper.
- Roll the wrapper tightly around the vegetables, tucking in the sides as you go. Use the cornstarch slurry to seal the edges of the wrapper.
- Repeat the process with the remaining wrappers and vegetable mixture.
- Heat up some oil in a deep frying pan or wok. Once hot, add the spring rolls and fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the spring rolls hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Why Choose Frozen Veg Spring Rolls?
Frozen vegetable spring rolls are an excellent option for anyone looking for a healthy and convenient snack or appetizer. Making them at home ensures that you know exactly what goes into them, and you can adjust the ingredients to suit your taste preferences. Store-bought frozen veggie spring rolls can contain added preservatives and other unhealthy ingredients, but with homemade ones, you have full control over the ingredients.
Ingredients for Frozen Vegetable Spring Rolls
The main ingredients for making frozen veg spring rolls include shredded cabbage, grated carrots, sliced mushrooms, chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, and minced garlic. You can also add other vegetables such as bean sprouts, snow peas, or bamboo shoots if you like. The wrappers are made from wheat flour, water, and salt, and can be found in most Asian grocery stores.
Step-by-step Instructions on How to Make Frozen Vegetable Spring Rolls
Making frozen veg spring rolls at home involves simple steps that anyone can follow. First, thaw the frozen spring roll wrappers according to the package instructions. Next, mix together all the vegetables and seasonings in a large bowl. Lay out one wrapper on a flat surface, spoon some of the vegetable mixture onto it, and roll it up tightly. Seal the edges with a cornstarch slurry, and repeat the process with the remaining wrappers and vegetables. Finally, fry the spring rolls until golden brown and crispy.
Tips for Making the Perfect Frozen Vegetable Spring Rolls
To ensure that your frozen veggie spring rolls turn out perfectly every time, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Do not overstuff the wrappers, or they may burst during frying.
- Make sure to seal the edges of the wrappers well, so that the filling does not spill out during frying.
- Fry the spring rolls in hot oil, so that they cook evenly and become crispy.
- Drain the spring rolls on paper towels after frying, to remove excess oil.
- Storing Frozen Vegetable Spring Rolls
Frozen veg spring rolls can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. Store them in an airtight container or plastic bag, and label them with the date and contents. To reheat, place the spring rolls on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
Conclusion: Enjoy Your Crispy and Delicious Frozen Veg Spring Rolls
Making frozen vegetable spring rolls at home is a fun and rewarding experience. With just a few ingredients, you can create a healthy and delicious snack or appetizer that everyone will love.